I have a long history of working as a writer and editor with universities and students, and also serve as a copyeditor and writer for District Administration and University Business magazines.
From creating press releases, ghost-writing editorials for professors, crafting bios for event programs and writing articles for alumni magazines, I have been helping colleges and universities create content for over a decade. I am comfortable collaborating with professors, department heads and administrators of all levels, and have frequently worked with every level right up through deans and presidents. I understand academic environments and can write with respect to the different cultures embedded in those environments.
Some examples of work I have done for educational institutions:
- Professor Serves as Umpire in Little League Softball World Series (Sacred Heart University)
- Corporate Executives Help Launch Sport Marketing Consortium (Sacred Heart University)
- A Gift That Keeps on Giving (Villanova University)
- Enriching the Student Experience (Villanova University)
- Visiting Scholar Jeffrey Toobin Speaks at Friends Seminary (Friends Seminary)
- Astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson lectures, instructs at Friends Seminary (Friends Seminary)
Graduate & Doctoral Students
Additionally, I have helped students looking to advance their degrees, from advising on or editing application essays to proofreading resumes and C.V.'s. I have also helped edit and format (APA style) master’s theses and doctoral dissertations for students wrapping up their degrees, producing finished Word documents or PDFs ready for submission and printing.
(Please note that there is a line of integrity that I will not cross when helping students. Some assistance is legitimate while other assistance is not, and the examples at both ends can vary from discipline to discipline. For example, editing a thesis for a business student versus the same for a writing student are ethically different for obvious reasons. I will not help with tests or homework.)